02.05.2010



What a productive day!

I went to Trader Joe's and bought tons of delicious health food. Our cabinets are completely stocked with wonderful things to eat! It's so much easier to resist temptation and save money on take out when you've got so much waiting at home for you.

After putting away the groceries, I headed out to the free Adobe Illustrator class I had signed up for at the Apple store. Collin had nothing to do, so he came along. We learned so much in an hour! The best part was, it was the first class in a weekly series that lasts the entire month! How lucky is that? The instructor urged us to take some time to play around with the software for fun, without a specific project or a deadline looming over us. Collin and I agreed to play around with it by making each other Valentines Day cards using what we learned in the class. I'm so excited to go back next week and learn more!

I'm not going to make it to the gym tonight because I picked up an extra shift at work instead. I'm ok with it, knowing that I worked towards my other resolutions today. For these changes to happen and to stick, it has to be gradual and I have to understand that I can't do everything all at once. I did ten minutes of yoga backbends today to wake up my muscles, stretch and relax. Now I'm going to make myself a healthy dinner, pack up some snacks and head off to work. I'm going to take another stab at being more "zen" in the midst of the chicken wings and beer. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP