I've got to give myself a little bit of credit- I've been working really hard. When that one day off rolls around, it's difficult to be productive. We've run out of food in the house and our schedules never allow us to go to the store together. If I didn't live in the city, I'd jump in my car and load up on groceries myself, or ask C to do it on his free time. But we DO live in New York, which means everything you buy you have to carry home- uphill in our case. It makes it a lot easier if we both go together, I just don't know when that will be.
I'm going to meet my friend for a figure drawing class tonight! One of my resolutions is to improve my drawing skills, but, again, I'm finding it very difficult to practice regularly.
The one resolution I have been pretty steady with is getting my finances in order. I checked my credit report and my credit score, opened a Roth IRA and set up an automatic savings plan. I consolidated my loans and found out that the federal government is really raking in my money with a high interest rate on my student loans. If I can hold out on a more comfortable lifestyle for two more years, I think I can pay them off by June of 2012, saving myself over $4000 in interest on their payback plan.
I also want to get married and adopt a kid one day, prospects which sometimes seem like impossibilities.
*sigh*

You'll get there one day. Hang in there, and all of your hard work and dedication will pay off.
ReplyDelete