05.01.2010



I'm now the proud mom of a baby ponytail palm! His name is Bruce.


I'm going through a little bit of stress at work. Here's the lowdown:

Part time job #1 is short staffed. They need to schedule me 5 days a week instead of 4. Part time Job #2 is short staffed. They need to schedule me 3 days a week instead of 2. That adds up to 8 days a week- which is impossible. To make matters worse, part time job #1 completely ignores the days I request off to work at my other job, so my schedule is a mess. How can I work 12-9 at one place and 2-10 at the other place on the same day?! The worst part of all is that yesterday, my boss told me that I cannot go on vacation in June, which has been planned for at least six months, has been on my list of conflicts for the last two months, and which I TOLD THEM ABOUT WHEN I INTERVIEWED FOR THE POSITION.

I'm so sick of food service. I wish I could get paid to feed poor hungry children instead of upper east side snobs. That's been a huge struggle lately. I want to do good things for the world. I'm just wrapped up in trying to pay my freaking rent every month.

1 comment:

  1. Quit that job and take the vacation! If they're that short staffed, they'll take you back!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP